Sunday, October 22, 2006

Morning

"He changes sunset into sunrise." - Clement of Alexandria

Before I continue with my story, there is something in my life now that has come about since my recovery started that I would like to share with you. No matter what your situation is today, no matter your trouble, if you complete this little exercise everyday, you will find your life improving. As well, the more you dare to expand this exercise the more peace will come into your life.

What am I talking about? I am talking about those first few moments when you open your eyes in the morning. That first thought that enters your sleepy mind. If you prepare yourself properly, those moments can be the most exciting and promising thoughts of your day. How do you prepare? Just before you go to sleep, no matter what kind of day you have had, remind yourself that IF you wake to another day, it will be a day that you will not waste. I say IF, because one of the main problems that we have is the certainty that we live with everyday. We constantly believe that tomorrow will arrive and because of this we don't live Today.

When I started this at first, I would wake in the morning and very quickly say thank you, unsure of exactly what I was thankful for. Now, however when I wake, my first thought is how happy I am that I have another opportunity to experience all the wonderful things in my life. I am thankful for the fact that I can see, taste, smell, hear and touch. I am thankful for the opportunity to spend another day with my wife, my children and my friends. I am thankful, that in a few minutes I will get to hold my granddaughter. Morning is such a beautiful time. No matter what I failed at yesterday, it is now behind me. Today I will try harder.

If you really want to expand this time in your life, go for a walk. Hear the birds and smell the morning air. Watch and see people as they head out to start their day and wish them well, even if it is in the silence of your mind. Look ahead at your day, think about any challenges that may be waiting for you. Look inside yourself for honesty and truth. Ensure that you are not rationalizing something for your own benefit. There is no problem, no matter how great it is, that approached with honesty, optimism, desire and hard work, that cannot be overcome. And folks, I am living proof of this fact. But, the real secret is in believing that you CAN. Good Morning and have a Great Day!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home