Tuesday, May 08, 2007

My Garden

"Won't you come into the garden? I would like my roses to see you." - Richard Brinsley Sheridan

Do you remember how often we have sat around the table at Gamblers Anonymous meetings wondering about why me, how did this happen, will life ever be the same again? We find ourselves constantly mired in the past. We need to be saying why not make a change, good things can happen to me and I hope that life will never be the same again. We should want life to be better, tomorrow even better than today.

I spoke with my old friend again today, we didn't spend much time on the past, but we talked a great deal about the present and the future. Every day now life is getting better. I have more energy, more enthusiasm, more desire and a new inner strength. The losses that I have had still hurt, and as my good friend stated, "when you love someone and lose them, it should hurt".

Life is fair, but funny in a way. I have worked so hard to be where I am today. My garden is finally ready for viewing. The roses are blooming, and though they have thorns, their beauty and aroma can dull most anything. My wish for every compulsive gambler, every alcoholic, every drug addict, and every victim, is to stand where I am at today, surrounded by pain, but confident in the fact that the flowers I have planted will continue to bloom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home