Monday, May 07, 2007

Watch the Cars, Stupid

"Advice to children crossing the street: damn the lights. Watch the cars. The lights ain't never killed anybody." - Moms Mabley

A good nights sleep. Some physical work. A little good news. A call from an old friend. A new perspective and today is already a very good day. In the not to distant future I will relate to you exactly what transpired today, May 7, 2007; but believe me when I say - who cares "what the hell happened here".

It is a funny thing about life, but we all have people and tools at our disposal and we very seldom integrate them into our daily lives. Then, the call comes, and just like someone tapping you up the side of the head, you get it. You realize, who you are, what you are trying to achieve, what it feels like to look in the mirror and what it means to forgive and be forgiven.

For the past three or four weeks, I have been paying attention to the lights, that was why I couldn't see anything. The cars were knocking me all over the place and I just couldn't understand what was happening. I need to pay attention to the cars and let the drivers pay attention to the lights. Thankfully, my friend enlightened me before it was to late. Thankfully, all of my character changes have remained in place. Thankfully, my abstinence from gambling and smoking are still intact. Thankfully, no matter what transpires in the future, I know that everything will be okay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home