Friday, May 25, 2007

Fresh Starts

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending." - Maria Robinson

Every morning you awake you are presented with a unique opportunity. An opportunity that is personal, that can be designed by you, manufactured by you, marketed by you, and you can hold the trademark on it as well. That opportunity is a "Fresh Start". A new day dawning is a new opportunity dawning in your life. Yesterday is gone and with it all the past successes and failures of your life to date. The choice today is yours. Do you cling to the past or do you grasp that chance at starting anew.

When I was gambling every minute of every day, when I was spending all my time trying to get money to gamble with, when I was spending my time fabricating and lying about my life, I couldn't see the opportunity in each new day. But that doesn't mean the opportunity wasn't there, because it was and all I needed to do was awake just one of those mornings and grasp that chance at starting anew. Thank God I took that chance, not once, but many, many times, until finally I realized there had to be a better way.

If you or someone you love is under the control of an addiction today, they will awake tomorrow to that same opportunity. Like me, they may not take the opportunity immediately, or they may have to make numerous attempts before they find a degree of success. The great thing is though, that every new day they will be given this opportunity, all you can do is say a prayer that today will be the "Fresh Start" that everyone is looking for.

Love, hope, patience and prayer can help you hold the fort while you wait for you or someone you love "to start today and make a new ending".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home